Interested in singing with us? Tapestry Singers is a wonderful mix of professional and highly skilled amateur singers. Please contact us to arrange an informal audition for our next semester with concerts on June 10th and 11th (Damariscotta Baptist Church).
The simple process to join includes an informal audition with our Music Director to check voice range and music-reading skills. Our singers have a variety of backgrounds in musical training. We commit to practicing outside the weekly rehearsals to learn our music using the practice tracks that are provided. We work hard at rehearsals, but also have fun in the process. Tapestry Singers’ audiences have come to expect something out of the ordinary, new music to challenge their sensibilities, and familiar tunes that are interestingly arranged.
Here’s what you need to know:
January to June 2023 – John Rutter’s “Requiem” and “Gloria” With St. Cecelia Chamber Singers and the Midcoast Brass Quintet
Rehearsals: Mondays 6:30-8:30 at Damariscotta Baptist Church
- FIRST REHEARSAL: Monday, January 23
- Required Rehearsals at Damariscotta Baptist Church:
- Monday June 5, 6:00-9:00PM
- Friday, June 9, 6:00-9:00PM
- Masks Optional for rehearsals and performances when the US CDC Covid level for Lincoln County is low. If the level increases to medium or high, masking will be required.
- No Rehearsals for School Breaks: February 20, April 17, and May 29
Concerts at Damariscotta Baptist Church:
The concerts are scheduled for Saturday, June 10 at 7:30PM and Sunday, June 11 at 4PM (Call/Setup time at 6PM and 2:30PM respectively)
Here’s what we ask of our members:
- Attendance: 3 or fewer absences expected
- Spend time as needed outside of rehearsal to learn your notes well so rehearsals can focus on tone, dynamics and creating a really beautiful blend
- Dues: $40 per semesterSaveSave
HOW TO JOIN
If you are interested in joining, click here to arrange an informal AUDITION.
Prepare a song of any genre that shows your voice in its comfort zone. Ability to read music is preferable, but willingness to learn your part outside of rehearsal is a must. Practice tracks will be provided for that.