Interested in singing with us? All voices are welcome. To arrange an informal audition please contact us today.
Along with the fun of learning new and challenging music together, our members know that we are singing and raising money to benefit deserving students, helping them to further their career in music. The simple process to join includes an informal audition with our Music Director to check voice range and music-reading skills. Our singers have a variety of backgrounds in musical training. We commit to practicing outside the weekly rehearsals to learn our music.Join Tapestry Singers
Here’s what you need to know:
- We present two concerts a year in December and June in the Newcastle/Damariscotta area.
- Regular rehearsals are Monday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30PM
- Due to current recommendations regarding singing and COVID-19, in person rehearsals will delayed. Online lessons and small group practice sessions as well as practice tracks will support members learning their music from a distance as needed.
- When in person rehearsals happen, we will be following all guidelines to keep everyone healthy.
- Our next concerts (assuming in person large gatherings are possible) will be December 12th and 13th, 2020: Ring Those Christmas Bells ~ A December Tapestry featuring the Penobscot Bay Ringers
- First rehearsal is September 14
- No rehearsal: October 12
- Required Rehearsals
- Monday December 7, 6-9PM
- Friday December 11, 6-9PM
- Saturday December 12, 7:30 PM
- Sunday December 13, 4:00 PM Concert
- Dues are $35/semester
- Sheet music and practice tracks are provided for your use during each semester
Here’s what we ask of our members:
- Be punctual for rehearsals, in your seat ready to sing at 6:30
- Miss no more than 3 rehearsals, and attend the final two rehearsals before the concert (Monday and Friday, 6-9)
- Be punctual for concerts
- Follow guidance for concert attire – women’s attire is provided, men wear tuxes, which can be provided as well.
- Spend time as needed outside of rehearsal to learn your notes well so rehearsals can focus on tone, dynamics and creating a really beautiful blend
- Volunteer to assist with at least one area of the operation of our group (e.g, concert logistics/tickets, publicity, advertising, program, music library, hospitality, rehearsal space setup)