Interested in singing with us? All voices are welcome – men’s voices are especially needed. To arrange an informal audition please contact us today.
Along with the fun of learning new and challenging music together, our members know that we are singing and raising money to benefit deserving students, helping them to further their career in music. The simple process to join includes an informal audition with our Music Director to check voice range and music-reading skills. Our singers have a range of backgrounds. You don’t need to be a music major to join, but we do ask you to commit the time needed to learn your music.Join Tapestry Singers
Here’s what you need to know:
- We present two concerts a year in December and June at St. Patrick’s Church in Newcastle.
- Regular rehearsals are Monday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30PM at the ATEC building on the Lincoln Academy campus.
- Our next concerts in Spring 2020 will be June 6 and 7 ~ Music Celebrating the Maine Bicentennial.
- First rehearsal is January 20
- No rehearsals: February 17, April 20, and May 25
- Required Rehearsals at St. Patrick’s Church
- Monday June 1, 6-9PM
- Friday June 5, 6-9PM
- Concerts at St. Patrick’s Church
- Saturday June 6, 7:30 PM
- Sunday June 7, 4:00 PM Concert followed by Pot Luck / Annual Meeting
- Dues are $35/semester
- Sheet music and practice tracks are provided for your use during each semester
Here’s what we ask of our members:
- Be punctual for rehearsals, in your seat ready to sing at 6:30
- Miss no more than 3 rehearsals, and attend the final two rehearsals before the concert (Monday and Friday, 6-9)
- Be punctual for concerts
- Follow guidance for concert attire – women’s attire is provided, men wear tuxes, which can be provided as well.
- Spend time as needed outside of rehearsal to learn your notes well so rehearsals can focus on tone, dynamics and creating a really beautiful blend
- Volunteer to assist with at least one area of the operation of our group (e.g, concert logistics/tickets, publicity, advertising, program, music library, hospitality, rehearsal space setup)