Interested in singing with us? All voices are welcome – men’s voices are especially needed. To arrange an informal audition please contact us today.
Along with the fun of learning new and challenging music together, our members know that we are singing and raising money to benefit deserving students, helping them to further their career in music. The simple process to join includes an informal audition with our Music Director to check voice range and music-reading skills. Our singers have a range of backgrounds. You don’t need to be a music major to join, but we do ask you to commit the time needed to learn your music.Join Tapestry Singers
Here’s what you need to know:
- We present two concerts a year in December and June. The December 2018 concerts will be on December 15 and 16 at St. Patrick’s Church in Newcastle.
- Rehearsals are Monday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30PM at the Friends Meeting House in Damariscotta (Belvedere Road)
- Dress rehearsal is held within the week before the concert (attendance is required)
- Concerts are held in the Damariscotta / Newcastle area
- Dues are $25/semester or $50 for the full year
- Sheet music and practice tracks are provided for your use during each semester
Here’s what we ask of our members:
- Be punctual for rehearsals, in your seat ready to sing at 6:30
- Miss no more than 3 rehearsals, and attend the dress rehearsal
- Be punctual for concerts
- Follow guidance for concert attire – women’s attire is provided, men wear tuxes, which can be provided as well.
- Spend time as needed outside of rehearsal to learn your notes well so rehearsals can focus on tone, dynamics and creating a really beautiful blend
- Volunteer to assist with at least one area of the operation of our group (e.g, concert logistics/tickets, publicity, advertising, program, music library, hospitality)